onsdag 19 maj 2010

ooooja

today when i got to school, i had no classes. so i decided to take the bus to Ikea to buy stuff for the thank you/good-bye present i'm going to make for my (real) host family. i hadn't been to Ikea yet in Sweden and there is a free bus that will take you from the center of the city to the store which is in the suburbs.

that shit is a huge round trippy maze with stairs and escalators and elevators, herregud. somehow i got my way through (with help from a kind employee) and when i got off the bus when i got to södermalm, i realized that my wallet had disappeared from my bag.

after getting really mad at myself and trying to solve the problem for about a hour, i got a call from a peruvian man who had found it! a few stolen subway rides later, i met him at his place of work - a shopping center near where i usually live in kungsholmen. he kissed my neck twice and told me he loved america and his cousin lives in new jersey.
everytime i carelessly lose shit, some really nice person goes out of their way to get it back to me (usually partially because nobody wants my unvaluable stuff)... i feel like it's the universe's way of reminding me that humans aren't really so bad



today is my (real) brother's 22nd birthday.