onsdag 12 maj 2010

less than 50 days left

while i was at re-entry orientation over the weekend (which was ganska cute i might add), my real host parents left this beautiful country in order to visit their 25 year old son who has been studying at Berkely in San Fran for the school year.

this leaves me to stay with my area representitive in the notoriously wealthy/snobby suburb island of Lidingö for 10 days.

even though i find living as extravagantly as this (TVs that are so high definition that i thought something was wrong, heated floors, personal bathrooms, dead zebra as a carpet, bottled water, nice cars, huge perfect lawn, ETC.) to be wasteful and unethical, i 'm trying to stay positive while i'm here and obviously experiencing new things is always worth while. plus hopefully it will scare me into never becoming like this, at least just for my concious' sake.

they're really nice though! so i'm not exactly suffering here, plus it's honestly good for me to live outside of the city for a while, especially since i still go into the city everyday. my psyche can relax a little.



tomorrow night is my class' skiva (dinner and dance party in honor of graduation)! the theme is show/performance and i am overjoyed that i finally have the opportunity to dress up like FrankNFurter from the Rocky Horror Picture Show which has been my dream for roughly 5 years now...
the sun is shining and i feel marvelous.